A 109-year tradition of working to promote lodging, travel and tourism.
The Michigan Lodging & Tourism Association was formed in 1905 and has undergone a variety of name changes. While the names have changed, its focus never has. MLTA has always been the only statewide trade association advocating for Michigan's lodging and tourism industries.
MLTA represents hundreds of hotels, motels, resorts, and bed & breakfasts, comprising over 50,000 guest rooms. MLTA membership also includes categories for allied/suppliers, convention and visitor bureaus, colleges and universities, students, attractions and transportation operators.
Headquartered in Lansing, the MLTA provides a full range of association services which include:
- Advocacy - MLTA fights for Michigan's lodging and tourism industries in Lansing and Washington, DC.
- Merchant-friendly credit card processing through Heartland Payment Systems which is endorsed by thirty nine other state lodging associations, the AH&LA and the National Restaurant Association!
- Up to 48% premium credits on workers' compensation coverage with the Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Fund.
- 8-10% Group savings on property-casualty-liability coverage through Auto Owners.
- Professional development and networking opportunities abound at the Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism. This event has grown from two hundred seventy five attendees in 2006 to over nine hundred and thirty this year!
- The "MLTA Buyer's Guide" - Access quality products and services at a lower cost! Please do business and support with lodging industry vendors who support MLTA's efforts to grow tourism outcomes for all.
As of 2014, all lodging properties may directly join the American Hotel and Lodging Association for just $2 per room. AH&LA membership provides access to the AH&LA Educational Institute; AH&LA's Information / Resource Center; the American Hotel Foundation (research and educational projects); and the many publications offered through the American Hotel Association Directory Corporation - including "Lodging Magazine".
For more information please call MLTA's Lansing office at (517) 267-8989 or fax (517) 267-8990.