Michigan Women In Lodging (WIL) is the first professional career advancement chapter for women in the lodging and tourism industries who live and work in the state of Michigan.
- WIL to Lead - Obtain leadership competences
- WIL to Learn - Remove barriers & provide solutions
- WIL to Improve - Gain career momentum
- Networking Opportunities
- Events with Inspiration Women Speakers
- Membership & access to the National WIL Directory & National Mentoring Opportunities
- WIL holds 3 annual group events. Events are held in the Spring, Summer and Winter.
- Join us in the Lansing area on the last Thursday of every month for our monthly "Wine Down Thursday", where ladies meet to discuss a new topic each month. Not only is this an educational opportunity but its also a great chance to meet local ladies working in your industry.
- Join Grand Rapids or Traverse City the last Friday of each month for their monthly "Coffee Connections". They will discuss the same topic as the Lansing Area.
Summer Social Event: Kayak the Grand River from Potter Park Zoo to downtown and enjoy beverages and hors d'oeuvres at the Beer Grotto! There will be parking available downtown at the Greater Lansing Convention and Visitors Bureau with shuttling to Potter Park Zoo to beging kayaking at 3pm. When we end back downtown around 5pm we will head to The Beer Grotto for beer tasting and food!
Date: Wednesday, August 19th
Time: 3pm to 7pm
Become A Member
Membership is free to all women employed at MLTA member organizations, regardless of your position within the company. Your company must be a member of MLTA to join Michigan WIL. Not sure if your company is a member? Contact Member Services at (517) 267-8989.
** Lodging members are members of both Michigan WIL and AH&LA’s national chapter of WIL.**
Men wishing to support the mission of WIL may also become a member at no cost, as long as their company is an MLTA member.
State Allied members, who are not AH&LA Allied members, can attend state events at the member price, but must pay the nonmember price for AH&LA WIL events. They can participate in the state planning committee, but cannot join WIL Connect unless their organization becomes an AH&LA Allied member.
Women in the hospitality and tourism industries that join WIL have the opportunity to become a leader of the WIL Executive Council. The council works to plan exclusive events and expand member benefits, while providing WIL members with opportunities to network and speak with executive leaders in the industry.
Stay up to date with current information!
For more information regarding Michigan WIL please contact:
Phone (517) - 267 - 8989